Thursday, October 18, 2012

Smaller Classes


We started our day as usual with the morning meeting.  I gave the thought of the day:

“All innovation is borrowed; we learn from each other.”  Mark Walther, Professor, St. Cloud College, Minnesota.  Carlene read the journal of yesterday’s activities. At this morning meeting we talked about the arrangements for our weekend trip; some of us are going to Krakow.

 

On our drive to school we saw fog in the low-lying fields.  The sky was blue with the comforting Polish sun. 

 

My morning classes were small since some of the children were on a field trip.  The smaller classes suit me just fine because I can spend more time with each student. 

 

After lunch back at the manor I was picked up by a student’s father for our drive to the Skorzec school for my two extra curriculum tutoring classes.  I enjoy this afternoon drive through the countryside when Paulina or Dorota are driving.  They speak English well and I am learning much about Poland from them both. 

 

Dinner as usual was pleasant with very fine food (the chef is excellent) and good conversation. 

 

We all spend a great deal of time in the Poland Global Volunteers resource room during breaks between classes and tutoring.  There is a wide range of material there.

Kathie Anderson

0 comments: