Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Full Day


I feel like we’ve only been here for 2 days. Teaching went pretty well today. But in first hour the kids looked like they were half asleep so we did some fun active things like musical chairs and Simon Says. Everything went pretty smoothly after that, we even practiced TH’s and I think they improved but I still hear “fff…” instead of “th th th…”. But that’s okay because we will practice again tomorrow. For third hour I went to Camilla’s class. I expected it to be loud, but they were pretty quiet. Phillip said it was because they were shy. And last but not least during fourth hour Nicky gave a presentation about Great Britain and emphasized how different the accents are and how you shouldn’t confuse Great Britain and England. Dance, Theatre, and Art were great. In dance we are learning a new all-girls dance. It is very difficult. In theatre we added in a new scene –hula hoops! It is a lot of fun. And in art we worked on a very funny story about a dog named Mars. It even includes pictures.

At 6:30 Grandma, Daddy, Charlotte, Jim, Andrzej and I all left Reymontowka to go to the Janusz Hotel. It was very nice. I got to try steak tartare with quail egg and I practiced some Polish. It was a great evening. When we all got home Charlotte went to bed and fell asleep in two seconds and Grandma and I followed shortly after. What a full day!
- Alexandra

0 comments: